Poste de Flacq, a village in the eastern coast of Mauritius was formerly, occupied by the Dutch, French and British administration. During the Dutch occupation the village was known as ‘Haaven Voor de Sloep’ translated as Sleeping Harbour meanwhile the north of the bay was called as Walvis Hoeck translated as Whale Point. Rouillard would state in his book Les Domaines Sucriers that the Dutch paved their way up to the village in quest of increasing the supply of Ebony wood as the nearby surrounding of Vieux Grand Port would become scarce.
Soon after the French acquired Mauritius, and conveyed it as Isle de France, the village would be of an important acquisition as a military post. During the mid-18th century, the King of France would invest in the construction of several military outposts including one at Poste de Flacq. Under the charge of Commandant La Porte, the outpost would expand which would include a granary and the construction of a Pavillon. [MNA, OA92] B.Mungur & B. Burrun state, that the name of Poste de Flacq would be formed through the existence of the military post located at the village which was the subdivision of Flacq. During the 1774, the village find itself being the scene of one of the most brutal assassination in the history of Isle de France, whereby the family Le Hec and their negritte (young female slave) would be murdered by two soldiers of the regiment located at Poste de Flacq. This case would take a while until a final verdict would be pronounced, thus condemning the two soldiers to a death punishment. [A.chelin, 1989 & MNA,JB17]
The military post would be used to protect the village from any kind of danger. The publication of B.Mungur and B.Burrun would provide some clues about the existence of the village and how it went from a simple military post towards an economic and military platform.
Rouillard states that the Sugar Estate of Choisy would be caught in a fire which will cause some damages to the sugar estate and through the help of the regiments at the military post, the fire would douse off. Among the sugar estates in the region, there would be three sugar mills which will be contributing toward sugar industry. The cartography by Descube  illustrates the location of the Choisy Mill, the Providence Mill and Constance Mill which would help in establishing the village of Poste de Flacq. During the late 19th century, the village would face several sanitary problems which would provoke an epidemic in the region causing tremendous impact in the Flacq Region. Poste de Flacq would account to 100% infected. [Twinning]
Today the village has one church dating back to the British Period. Maps during 1835 from Mauritius National Archive would advise the same emplacement of the actual church, hence, the church was renovated at a certain point during the British Period and recently in 2018. Among the existing structures, the village would still conserve one part of the limekilns used to construct buildings and mills, its church and small ruins of the past left unattended.